Saturday, December 12, 2009

UKOUG 2009 - The Slides

As promised in one of my comments here are the slides of the presentations I did at UKOUG 2009.

I've already considered some of the valuable feedback I got - in particular for the FIRST_ROWS_N presentation since it was the first time I did this one.

So those downloads are even valuable for those who attended my sessions - they offer a couple of goodies:

1. The "CBO fundamentals: Understanding System Statistics" slides have a part "The gory details" right after the official end of the presentation where you can find the really "gory" details, if anyone is interested

2. The "Everything You Wanted To Ask About FIRST_ROWS_N But Were Afraid To Ask" presentation has been revised - in particular I have worked on those parts of the slides that were "suboptimal" so far. The complex pagination queries are now better readable and explained step-by-step which I think makes them much simpler to understand, but also some other parts have been re-worked and extended.

Furthermore the slides for this presentation are available in two versions: The presentation slides, and additionally the notes where I explain some more details for those who are interested.

Here are the links to the downloads:

"CBO fundamentals: Understanding System Statistics"

"Everything You Wanted To Ask About FIRST_ROWS_N But Were Afraid To Ask"

"Everything You Wanted To Ask About FIRST_ROWS_N But Were Afraid To Ask" - Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment